Monday, February 19, 2007

ilonggos

Last Sunday was our church's 5th year anniversary. wheee! Of course there was food. We're not named Calorie Chapel Fellowship for nothing. Ooops, I meant Calvary Chapel. Hehe. Anyway, there were fruits and chicken and barbecue and pasta and pastries. And lechon, yep there was lechon but I didn't get any. I'm not really a lechon eater. Ang kinain ko was the chicken (because I love chicken kaya nga perfect na andito ako sa West Visayas nakatira) and the siomai and the grapes. I think I was one of those who ate all the grapes. Si Nang Bjo ung isa pang umubos nung grapes... Hehe.

Anyway, my story really is that I ate with Nang Bjo, Nong RJ (oo, Manong ka para kunyari may paggalang naman daw ako sayo kahit paano, waha!), Yanyan, and Ate Ging. And while we were eating we got to talking about stuff. Well, sure they weren't stuff that could alter the way the world turns, but they were fun nonetheless. So enough with the intro.

As usual, I was quite sarcastic and loud (of course) and I wasn't the only one I might add. All of us IVHomers were. Basta we were being ourselves and we asked kuya RJ if we were shocking him already. And the conversation went something like this (of course it's not verbatim):

"Nabibigla ka na ba namin? Baka kase nashoshock ka na namin masyado."
"Ay hindi, comfortable nga ako sa ganito e. Mas gusto ko nga yung ganito."
"Hindi ba kami masyadong sarcastic? Or baka nahu-hurt ka na namin, sabihin mo lang."
"Ay hindi, take it from an Ilonggo who grew up in Manila, mas ok yung ganito. At least I know where I stand with you guys."
"Ano ba ang mga Ilonggos?"
"Yung mga Ilongga kase, ang sweet sweet kala mo may gusto sayo pero yun pala may boyfriend na. Tsaka di mo alam kung galit na."

Ok so that was kinda the gist of it. Panalo pa rin yung last comment nya. Hehe. I've said many times that I want to be an Ilongga, that I am now an Ilongga. But in that respect.... ang pagiging sweet na parang may gusto tapos wala pala... in that respect I'm no Ilongga. I don't think I've fully adopted that imperturbable Ilongga calm and sweetness. Wahahaha, far from it. I'm no dalaga. Sabi nga ni Nong Andre about me: I'm a lovely girl. If I were a woman, I'd have a boyfriend. Wahahaahahahahaha! Hilarious.
Te, amo gid ni bala? Hehe.

No comments: