Thursday, March 19, 2009

at the Social Hygiene Clinic....

...i sat down and almost wept. My heart felt for them. But i was silent.

"Are you betrothed?"

"No, only loved."
"And do you pay for love?"
"No, but i owe it everything."

I am now reading Calvin Miller's The Singer, The Song and The Finale. And we are now rotating at the City Health Office here in Iloilo. And kanina, we were posted at the Social Hygiene Clinic where we get to meet and examine these special women whom God also loves. First time ko to be within reach of one. It was a different experience.

I was reminded by those lines above when i entered the clinic. There were so many of them, these Friendship Sellers. And i had these urge to hug them and tell them that someone loves them for real. To teach them the Song of the Troubadour. To share to them the infinite love of the EarthMaker to whom i also owe everything. But i couldn't. I was silent. Lord, forgive me. I just smiled at them, tried to be kind and friendly, and did my best to smear fast and without causing pain. Hoping that at least by my doing so, i may share God's love somehow...

As a doctor, how can i share to them my faith? Share to them the hope that there is life and love that is pure and real and free? Jesus took only a few minutes with the woman at the well... Bakit ako nawalan ng sasabihin? A few minutes... I know the One who can free them from these dances that the World Hater has taught them. But i failed to sing to them the Song...

Father, do not forget them. Please bring people who can sing to them your Song so that they can be set free from their chains and have life in you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Princess Tint, you will know what to do next time. Don't be too hard on yourself. They will see your love for all of God's children.