Friday, December 5, 2008

tagged by Manang Lara :)

Here’s how this is done: 1. Re-post the picture/logo on your blog and please acknowledge where it came from. Kindly leave a comment on this post so I would know you’ve posted it.
2. Write down 5 things you are grateful for and the 5 bloggers you are tagging.
3. You may copy this or write your own quote regarding gratitude:
“In everything give thanks." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18


I am grateful because:
1. I am alive and with relatively good health.
Everyday, i encounter people who are sick and/or dying. I am confronted everyday by man's frailty and by the reality that we are not invincible. I thank the Lord for giving me life everyday and that i do not have any illnesses. I can still stand, walk, talk, eat and enjoy this life that He has given me. Indeed, life is precious and I am grateful that it is God who sustains me everyday. I am grateful that all my five senses are intact and that i can see and appreciate the wonder of his majesty displayed throughout creation.

2. I have a wonderful heritage of faith.
Both sides of my natural family tree, as well as the grafted in part (which is ivcf and the cbc family), are filled with men and women of great faith. They serve as examples for me as I walk along the straight and narrow. I have been mentored and prayed for by countless people and everyone of them has a part in bringing me where i am now. I am grateful that they shine as living testaments to God's sustaining grace and mercy to a lowly pilgrim like me.

3. I am esvee and that i was able to study at elbi.
Once an esvee, always an esvee. Haha, parang ano yan e, "Once a King and Queen of Narnia, always a King and Queen." Dito namulat ang mata ko, dito ako na-nurture, dito ako yumabong. Dito rin ako nabatukan, nayugyog, nabasag, at ibinalik muli. I am grateful that the Lord brought me to that university and this group so that he could meet me on His own terms.

4. The Lord has given me heartfriends and soulfriends kahit napaka-migratory namin.
I am grateful for kindred spirits who allow me to be me and who are themselves when they are around me. Friends who laugh and cry with me for any reason and even for no reason. Friends who pray with me and rejoice with me. I am grateful for I know that if ever the need arises, i have friends who will break the roof so that i can be let down so Jesus could heal me. :)

5. I am grateful because not everyone is given the opportunity or the privilege to be in the healing profession.
I am grateful for this calling. I do not feel worthy of it, and yet I am grateful for the chance to be of service in this capacity. I am grateful for the chance to study, to know more about the human body, to be able to understand even a little of how we function. I am grateful that even though nakakapagod, at least i had this chance. Madaming gusto mag-aral pero hindi makapag-aral. Salamat sa Panginoon at andito ako ngayon.

So, that's my 5 things for now. :) I'm tagging Kitot, Tarits, Em-em, Theia, and Eena. :)
Be joyful always! And in everything give thanks! Blessings be.

No comments: