Tuesday, December 2, 2008

See you again, Auntie...

We, Kit, Deneb and I, visited Auntie last Saturday. We went to their house from the airport because Nanay told me to visit Auntie because she could go home to the Lord anytime. And she did. Just now.

She had Multiple Myeloma, a type of Cancer. Auntie is prepared to die naman, I know, as are we all, and yet, losing her does not take away the grief.

This picture was taken in February this year. She was still strong then and able to converse with me. Last Saturday, she was already bedridden, thin as a wraith, and attached to the oxygen tank 24/7. She didn't recognize me. And she was in constant pain.

She too, i think, was a KC grad. :)

The Lord took her home today.I know she no longer feels pain there. She is strong and able to dance again. She can garden all she wants now and bake to her heart's content. She'll be able to make the craziest quilts there made of gold thread and whatnot.

I will miss you, Auntie. I am saddened that you won't be there on my graduation, or on my wedding. I'll never have the quilt you promised me. I won't be able to eat your cooking on your birthday. I love you. And I will miss you. So much. And yet, I let you go, for I know you are happy now with the Lord. At least ngayon, makikita mo na ulit si Ate Melody diba. Tsaka sila Lolo and Lola. Hintayin nyo na lng po kami jan. Mag-re-reunion po tayo. *yakapngmahigpit*

Until we meet again, I will miss you every day.

No comments: