Friday, December 19, 2008

post Twilight

Okay, let me just say that I've seen the movie.... and I've just finished reading Books One and Two of the Saga. I'm now starting Book Three. And Book Four is definitely next. My friends have ebooks kase and i'm reading them sa laptop ng roommate ko when she isn't doing her thesis or ng mga classmates ko since my laptop is still out of commission. Hehe.

One, it is true that the book is better than the movie. Infinitely more so. No surprise there. Two, I'm sure i won't rest easy until i finish the Saga. And three, I am very entertained by the story. i think i have a taste for vampire/werewolf stories. Hehe.. (Kaya siguro enjoy din ako sa Underworld at Van Helsing.)

At gusto ko lang din sabihin at magreklamo na ang mahal na ng sine dito sa Iloilo! It's now Ninety pesos and fifty cents! Pareho na ang price ng taas at baba so kahit saan ka na pwede umupo. Pero hello! Dati sixty pesos lang un.... grrrrr...... Owel.... at least di kasing mahal ng jan sa Manila. :p

The movie was so-so. Ok lang. If you like romantic movies, and i'm a sucker for romantic movies, ok lang sya. Not really wonderful but ok lang. Tama yung sabi ni Pb, if you watch it, then ok lang, if you don't watch it, then ok lang din. I guess i'm wishing i didn't spend ninety pesos for it. Sana nanood na lng ako sa DVD. I wouldn't miss anything if i didn't get to watch it in the big screen. *sigh* Andaming times na di ko gets ung sinasabi nila kase parang kinakain nila yung words. And yes, i like the book lines better than the script. I watched it one and a half times kase i came in just when Bella and Edward were at the forest and Edward was showing her his vampire abilities so i got a chance to listen better nung umulit na sya. :)

The views were breathtaking though. Really really wonderful! (Bianca, you live in a place like that?! Oh joy! Waaaah.... Don't stop taking pictures ha. I do enjoy them so much.) But I wouldn't want to live in such a rainy place. Nyikes. Magkaka-seasonal affective disorder siguro ako kung ganun. Hahaha...

But the technical parts of the movie wasn't my problem at all.

The thing that remained in me as i was leaving SM was the thought that there are some loves that you shouldn't fight for at all. They should just be let go of. And don't tell me hindi pwede pigilan yon. Yeah right, been there, done that. Painful yes, but not impossible. What are the implications of a human and vampire relationship? According to the author nga sa book 4, they don't even have the same chromosome number (ok so I cheated and skimmed through book 4 na..).

And then I got to thinking what this movie is telling our youth. To fight until death for "forbidden loves"? Beyond reason, without regard for anybody else basta nagmamahalan kayo, ok lang? "Might as well break all the rules since they're going to hell anyway"? Ano ba naman klaseng pag-iisip yon? Parang puro 'I don't care' ata ang narinig ko dun sa isang part ng movie. Ibig sabihin ba pag 'na in-love' ka wala ka nang pake sa iisipin ng iba? Or wala ka nang pake kung tama ba yun or mali? Because there is a right and wrong to loving, no matter how you look at it. It is always a choice, after all, and choices can be made intelligently and one can choose to do the right thing. Granted that the right thing might not be the easiest or the most pleasant but one should still strive to do what's right diba?

One tito once reminded my that there are only a few questions in life you really had to answer well. One is who will you follow or trust or believe in, two is whom will you spend your life with here on earth, and three is what are you going to do with that life while you're on this earth. To my mind, everything hinges on how you answer question One. If you have made a decision regarding that one question, the other two will follow. If Question One is no issue, as the movie certainly portrays, then pake nga naman ni Bella and Edward diba. But if it was an issue, then they have a big problem. At may problem nga ako sa mga decisions nila.

At gagamitin na ni Nic ang laptop nya.... so susunod na lng ulit....

No comments: