Friday, October 10, 2008

LCDC memories

Because it's now LCDC season... :)

I attended only 3 LCDCs. LCDC 2k2, Against the Flow, I was in 3rd year college and i went as camper. LCDC 2k4, Christstruck, I was a counselor. And then LCDC 2k5, my first LCDC outside of Manila, I led a group in a BS Workshop. "Nakakasira ng buhay" talaga ang mga camps na yan. Hahaha. Diba? Diba? Hehe. Kung hindi siguro ako nag-attend ng mga LCDC, or EchoCamp or KC, malamang artista na ko ngayon. Hahaha!

I can no longer remember my campmates but I can still remember what the Lord impressed upon my heart at those camps. And I can vividly recall certain moments and certain people... Hala, produkto pala talaga ako ng mga ivcf camps... and those camps have provided me with hope and strength in my walk.

I went to LCDC 2k2 with lots and lots of baggages. And I left light and free. :) I can't say that it was the camp where i resigned to God's prodding my heart to become a doctor because that happened in another camp... haha. But LCDC 2k2 was the camp when my brother, Jade, and I became friends. At least that's how I think of it. We've always been siblings, but in LCDC, that relationship gained meaning for me. I also learned to tell him I loved him and the rest of the family. I can recall the two of us praying together for each other and for nanay and tatay and manong jaja and him hugging me after. While hugging, I told him, "Manong, gusto ko talaga maging doktor...", and he told me he was proud of me. :) To God be the glory.

I didn't get to be counselor during my KC year, 2003, because I was holed up in elbi doing my thesis. I was out collecting blood from the severed arteries in the necks of the poor ducks while my KCmates were teaching other college students how to study the Word. Haha.

And there was LCDC 2k4, when the Lord asked me to let go of Medicine, and I did. And He gave it back to me in full, with extras. Blessed be the name of the Lord. I was a GT then in elbi and a Sunday school teacher at church. Haha, i dragged my churchmates to this camp kicking and screaming, and i'm soo soo glad i did. When I look at where they are now and how their relationship with the Lord is, my heart gets so full fit to bursting with gladness that the Lord is so gracious in their lives. Praise Him indeed.

LCDC2k5 was disorienting for many reasons. It was my first and only camp here in West Visayas. Nag-lead lang ako ng BS Workshop group. My dad was the expositor. We were speaking in Ilonggo. It was a camp special to me because I got to be with my KCmates from the Region and it felt like i was on vacation and having a week-long KC reunion. Haha. And it was the camp na nananahimik ako sa isang tabi nang pinag-pray ako ng isang staff that the Lord would honor my desire for Mission work. Nakakapanindig-balahibo.

Like i said before, nakakasira ng buhay yang mga camps na yan ng ivcf. Haha. *wink*

Blessings be to all the would-be delegates of the LCDCs around the Philippines. May the Lord speak to your hearts and shatter your spirits.

Be ready to run with the horses. :)

No comments: