Monday, March 31, 2008

preps for tomorrow

Isang tulog na lng..... Bukas na talaga.. ito na to..... and my first rotation is SURGERY. *bigsmile* yey! I hope after a month ganyan pa rin ako kasaya na nasa surgery ako.

I've been trying to "prepare" for Clerkship/Junior Internship these past few days. I've cleaned my closet, changed my sheets, fixed my room, made a calendar.... At kasama dun e ang pag-iisip kung ano ang mga "kelangan" ko sa hospital. So I made some lists of things to put in "kits" which will go into my bag come tomorrow.

Doctor Kit
penlight
reflex hammer
diagnostic kit (at ayon sa mga maangas na doctors e dapat WelchAllyn. yabang!)
sphygmo
thermometers (haaay... siguro at least 2...)
ruler
neuro kit (for cranial nerves testing)
tape measure
tourniquet
stethoscope (and in my first list i actually forgot this! *toink!)

Clerk Kit
retractable pens na black and red (kelangan retractable para madali gamitin)
pencils and erasers
post its
note pad
notebook
baby notes
scissors
glue
masking tape
stapler

And of course, for sheer survival... I think I'll need this (which would be a monumental first for me. haha!)

Kikay Kit
off lotion
soap/facial wash
toothpaste
toothbrush
comb/hairbrush
lotion
tissue
alcohol
tali sa buhok
lip gloss (yes, i know, nagulat din nga ako!)
oil control film (blows the mind noh, hehe)

Comfort stuff
water bottle
pillow
lunch box
Tiggoy??? (hahahahaha! only when I'm really sad siguro... haha)
non-med related book (only a thin one....)

Duty 'haves'
scrub suit
slippers for OR
socks for OR
cap and mask
Schwartz' (not our pet cat ha... the textbook!)

May mga nakalimutan pa ba ako????

So can you imagine the size of my bag tomorrow? I'd look like I'm going to camp! (Incidentally, the Kawayan Camp pre-camp will start tomorrow din...) Hehehe

1 comment:

Ida Ingrid said...

Go Tint! Enjoy clerkship! Kayang kaya mo yan! :)