Friday, January 11, 2008

book crazy

The other day, I went to SM and made a bee line for BookSale. I entered the store at 5pm and I left it at about 7pm smiling, dusty, and 450pesos poorer. Oh, Happy, happy, happy day!

I started out by browsing what children's books they had. Oooh, I just looove books for kids! I have Pippi Longstocking, Paddington Bear and A.A. Milne's Pooh! Yey, pero that day, I didn't find anything I liked so I went on to the hardbound books. I got White Oleander for only 70pesos, in mint condition. yey! Then I found another hardcopy of a book I liked. I went on to the coffeetable books section and spent a lot of time looking for possible gifts for anybody. Dami ko na naka-line na books to buy. Got one though for manong jaja. It's 'The Little Book of Monet'. Nice. Then I moved on again, and scoured the rest of the bookshelves. I finally found 'The Heart of Henri Nouwen' near the door. Whooohooo! That book naman is going to my parents. =) Kay saya talga umikot sa booksale.

After that, di pa nakontento, I went to National Bookstore and browsed for another hour. =) Waaah... I wanted to get something of Neil Gaiman's kase wala pa ako kahit isang book nya but I knew it would be disastrous to my budget at this time. Maybe next month, for my birthday... Or I hope somebody gives me a Neil Gaiman book.... *wink,wink*

Pag-uwi ko sa bahay, i made an inventory of the books I already have... And i'm missing two of the Narnia Chronicles (sino kaya humiram na di nagsauli??? huhuhu.....), Amy Tan's Joy Luck Club (now where did that go to?), and Out of the Silent Planet also by CS Lewis (waaaaaaah!!! asan na yun?!?!?).... I hope they're just here somewhere... I also separated those I'm giving to friends... Oh and I finished White Oleander and The Bridges of Madison County nga din pala yesterday. =) Happy, happy, happy.

Yes, I'm still reading my med books. Don't worry. ^___^!

1 comment:

Desiree Mijares said...

hahaha, such a book addict! i had to stop myself from buying books kasi i still have a pile that i haven't even started.