Thursday, March 8, 2007

edad (late posting)

24. I don’t feel like it.
I kid myself that I don’t look it.
How did I get here?

When I was 5, all I wished for were chocolates. And Barbie. And books.
Brothers were the greatest. I was glad to be the only sister.
Other girls were irritating. Boys even more so.

It was great to be 10.
I dreamed of being a concert pianist or a National Geographic writer.
I lived in this wonderful building that seemed like paradise to me.

When I became 12, I prayed for Peter Pan to bring me to Neverland.
I was scared of growing up.
Brothers were such pain in the a**.

I can remember drama, drama, and drama at 15. In spades.
Getting into UP was my only goal.
High school rocked but I knew it wouldn’t last.

I was anything but sweet at 16.
Three parts girl, two parts boy (haha) and sadly, nothing like my mother.
I tried my wings all right, and they felt good.

The day I turned 18, I wished I was still 12.
I didn’t notice that I gained any parts woman or make the transition to perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls. But the boy parts gladly took a bow and left.

I still kept the curls at 20. They were long, untamed and all over the place.
College was everything I wished for and I have never felt more alive.
And it was then that the call of missions via medicine came.

I was on my way to becoming a doctor at 22.
I thought boys were a nuisance. They only make you cry.
I was right.

To my mind, nothing beats books, ice cream and chocolates.
I still think brothers are the best and one can do without older sisters.
I’ve resigned myself to being a good audience in concerts.
National Geographic can wait; I’m giving myself more time.
It’s getting harder not to notice the boys. Haha! But for now, I’d rather not.
I learned that if you can’t beat the girls, you might as well join them and have fun.
Yeah, so make-up makes sense. But unnecessary most of the time.
One big part girl, one small part woman. Not a problem; I’m in no hurry anyway.
Being a doctor scares me but I’ll follow as long as the Lord leads me.
24 doesn’t seem so bad… But I still haven’t lost hope on Neverland. ;p

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURMPH. Why wasn't I informed na nasa blogspot ka na? hmp. haha! feeling special e no?

Wow! I'm so happy nagbblogspot ka na! Yeah, wag ka na sa friendster, panget dun. at definitely wag ka na sa LJ! ako ba ung tinutukoy mo dun sa first post mo dito? i think i remember telling u na panget sa LJ kse di ako makapagcomment dun. hahaha! or not. :P

hoy hapi bertdey nga pala. hindi kita nagreet anuba! i rely solely on my celfone for birthday alerts at kainis, wala palang alarm ung sayo. sorry sorry sorry! but u do know i love you right? hehehe. ok bang pambawi? nyahaha :P

24? u don't look 24. more like.... 23? hahahahaha! joke lng tint! mwah.

link kita ha! hidlaw na ko simo! san-o ta kitanay liwat?

~tint~ said...

waaah! joni! hidlaw na gid ko simo. hmph. indi ko hapi sa pambawi mo, kinanglan manlibre ka gid next time ta kit-anay. amo lang galing basi next year pa to! haha. pati ka ah, love man taka, ok na to!

ato man ko sa multiply.. =) wehehe.

Hannee said...

I like this :)

~tint~ said...

thanks honey! ;p

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.