Sunday, July 27, 2008

love song for my savior

After a long time, I was once again able to walk in the rain. I remembered how I used to cherish moments with the Lord while walking in the rain when i was a student in elbi. I remembered and I was glad. The God I served in elbi is the same God who sustains me here in Iloilo. He has never failed me. He will never fail me. Praise be to the God of Heaven!

***

Jesus put a song in my heart
He turned my life around
He gave me a treasure
The heart of a servant
Jesus put a song in my heart
A joyful melody that sings of his wonderful love.

***

Gusto ko na maging doktor ulit! Hahaha... I mean, excited na ulit ako maging doktor. Once again, the Lord has put his heart in me, gave me a song, and now I'm in love again! Thank you Lord.

This past month has been a challenge. Every morning was a struggle to go to the hospital, to go on duty, to face the drudgery of being an intern. I guess i got tired and lost sight of Him who brought me here. I was reminded yesterday, at the Area Assembly, of the need of pressing on, of continuing, of being faithful to the One who has always been faithful to me. Sa Iyang Katutom, Padayon. (In his faithfulness, press on. - I think yan ang translation.hehe)

The Lord is God. He made it possible for me to attend that Area Assembly ng iv kahapon because He had something to tell me. He got my attention again, all right. And yes, Lord, I'm listening again. Forgive me for forgetting, for hardening my heart, for not listening. Thank you Kuya Arvin for letting the Lord use you. Thank you Lord.

My home is in the Lord. He is my portion. He is my refuge. He is my reason. He alone.
Let me not forget Lord. Let me see you in everything. Let my life be a testimony of your grace, mercy and love. Let me be you to my patients, co-interns and to my residents. Let me be yours again. Here am I Lord, once again, use me. My past, my present and my future is yours. I am yours. Thank you Lord for loving me.

***

This is home
Now i'm finally where I belong, where I belong.
Yeah this is home
I'm been searching for a place of my own
Now I've found it
Yeah this is home.

My home is in the Lord. And my true home is not here. I'm only passing through. And I look forward to going home. While I am still getting there, let me be faithful, let me walk the straight and narrow, let me not waver to the right or the left. Walk with me Lord. Lead me. Once again, let me walk with you. Thank you Lord.

No comments: