Sunday, June 15, 2008

of Narnia and me

Spoiler: I watched Prince Caspian a few days ago and i didn't like how they made up a love story for Susan and Caspian and how they made Peter look like a power hungry has-been king. grrrr... aside from that, ok lng. Liked The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe better though. Kahit sa books, i like Prince Caspian least naman talaga. I'm excited for the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Oh i hope they do justice to it....

I always feel sad whenever i get to the part where Aslan talks to Peter and Susan that they won't be coming back to Narnia again. (I think that's what made me not want to grow up. I didn't want to be banned from Narnia... Tama, i think reading the chronicles started my not wanting to grow up. Ayan, that's what comes from reading books. Haha.) And ang pinaka-sad is when Susan 'lets go' of Narnia. But that comes much later into the series... but still we get a glimpse of it sa Prince Caspian pa lng, well, at least sa movie, kase sa books mejo sa Last Battle mo na lng malalaman un.

I've always loved Narnia. When i was much younger and lived at the IV Building, i used to expect to encounter a portal to Narnia whenever i opened one of the rooms there. (Andami ngang doors sa ivbuilding noh..!) Lalo na ung door sa library. I used to walk by and open the door just to see if iba ung makikita ko sa loob. :) I also had a wardrobe when we lived there. Ang saya. I used to expect a bayabas dryad to come out. Haha. Takot ko lng kung may bigla ngang magpakita e noh! Hahahaha.

Sa book, I like the part where Lucy goes off into the woods and tries to wake the trees. Yung feeling nya na konti na lng sana at magiging buhay ulit ung mga trees... if only she knew the words and had the power to wake them. Sa Magician's Nephew gusto ko rin ung part na yon, when Aslan said: "Narnia, narnia, narnia, Awake! Be walking trees, be talking beasts, be divine waters." It's like having a picture of how the 'breath of life' was given to man.

I wonder when they'll do The Magician's Nephew?

No comments: