Tuesday, January 1, 2008

looking back on the 'Firsts'

I guess it's good to take stock of what happened in 2007 before I plunge into 2008. So on this first day of the year, let me remember some of my "firsts" last year and the lessons I learned from them.

1. Dance on Stage in School
> oh this was great. =D had lotsa fun doing Hairspray moves complete with costumes!
> I learned that I can stand a greater measure of embarrassment now than before. haha! It's nice to dance even when there are people watching. Thank you Lord for the gift of music and dance. To you be all glory.

2. Visit Boracay
> precious bonding time with medfriends. ^__^!
> Thank you Lord for the reflection of your glory in nature. All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small. All things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all. =D The Maker of Heaven and Earth made the world beautiful. Go to Boracay and you'll see it all. Sadly, you'll also see how we humans have destroyed the beauty God has made.

3. Observed in Surgeries
> really educational and simply amazing!
> I can't help but wonder at the greatness of He who created our bodies. Thank you Lord for creating us. And I also can't help but be grieved at the effect of sin in the world. It breaks the heart.

4. Volunteered for Organized Sports
> Softball. Table Tennis. Volleyball. Di lang pang-sports attire, pang sports na talaga! I even surprised myself. hehe. And I also embarrassed myself that time I tripped and fell sa field. Kahuluya. Sige lang, basta enjoy.
> I enjoy playing but I'd still rather be in the audience than get all muddy, hot and sweaty on the field or court. =D Thank you Lord for the strength in our bodies and the ability to walk and run.

5. Made Apan-apan
> Haha. This was a nice experience. I can do pasta, fry, and bake. But it was my first time to volunteer to cook for us ivhomers. It's just adobong kangkong but it was satisfying to be able to eat what you want, made with your own hands.
> God bless the cooks! I still have a long way to go til I become a not-half-bad one. =) Thank you Lord for food to eat everyday. Thank you for your provision.

6. Tasted Cerveza Negra, Vodka Ice and J&B something
> With classmates. First time. For real. Just so I'd know how they taste. Just a sip. Didn't like it.
> I'd take water or soda anytime. Thank you Lord for water to drink!

=D Hmmm... I wonder what other firsts I'll experience this year! I'm so excited to do them na. Maybe I should do a Bucket List or something.... Anyway, Happy New Year everybody! At yun lang ang maalala ko na. Thank you Lord for new experiences, for learnings, for opportunities for growth. May you continue to be with me this year. And may I continue to bring you glory. Thank you Lord for my life. I love you.


No comments: