Saturday, March 31, 2007

i'm home

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble there's no place like home!
A charm from the sky seems to hallow us there,
Which, seek through the world, is ne'er met with elsewhere.
Home! home! sweet, sweet home!
There 's no place like home!

An exile from home, splendor dazzles in vain:
O, give me my lowly thatched cottage again!
The birds singing gayly that came at my call;—
Give me them,—and the peace of mind dearer than all!
How sweet 't is to sit 'neath a fond father's smile,
And the cares of a mother to soothe and beguile!
Let others delight mid new pleasures to roam,
But give me, oh, give me, the pleasures of home!

To thee I 'll return, overburdened with care;
The heart's dearest solace will smile on me there;
No more from that cottage again will I roam;
Be it ever so humble, there 's no place like home.
Home! home! sweet, sweet home!
There 's no place like home!
It's been three years since last i stepped inside my mother's house. Three years. and now, I'M HOME AGAIN! I just love coming home to a house my mom arranged. I love our cross-stitches hanging on our walls, the arrangement of the chairs and sofa and tables, the little baskets and pots all around the room, the curtains, the placemats, plates and kitchenware. basta, they're different. And my most favorite things at home are the books we've collected over the years. There's this red book collection (but i learned na ung volume na lang ng nursery rhymes ang naiwan sa amin),the shakespeare volume, the line of c.s. lewis works and a variety of other christian authors, and the collection of classics on the bottom shelf. paradise. you can just drink in all the words. and of course there's also my brothers' collection of forgotten realms, david eddings, bryan jacques, etc. Minsan i just sit and stare at the books on the shelves and feeling ko nabasa ko na sila lahat. hehe. Basta.
Hay, ang sarap talga umuwi sa bahay. =)

4 comments:

Hannee said...

yep..there's no place like home :)

RadX said...

True, yet I long for heaven still...the home of homes.

Anonymous said...

totoo yan!!! home sweet home :) kakatuwa 'tong post mo na 'to. hope you enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

You recognize, people unceasingly make comments when anything is predicted to take place in 2012, like “obviously that is if the world is hush here.” You do realize that the Mayans predict the faction will finish on Dec. 21 (or 23rd)? So in all good chance if anything is booming to happen in 2012 there is solitary the slimmest chance that the world hand down contain ended already it happens.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]2012 end of the world
[/url] - some truth about 2012